There are many different routes which enable you to start a career within the NHS. We aim to offer a variety of opportunities to give an insight into the various roles within KCHFT. Our work experience placements take place with both clinical and non-clinical teams and are designed for students who are at least 16 years of age. Unfortunately, we cannot accept students under 18 for work experience in some of our services.
We offer the following:
- work experience for secondary school students
- opportunities for post 16 students including A Level students, pre-graduates and post graduates
- opportunities for people interested in a career change and the unemployed to gain vital experience and insight into career opportunities in the NHS.
We recommend that you explore the NHS careers website before deciding which department you would like experience in - that way you can ensure you are gaining the most from your work experience. www.healthcareers.nhs.uk.
We are only able to take requests for the following services:
- Adult Community Musculoskeletal – Physiotherapy
- Children’s Integrated Therapy – Physiotherapy
- Clinical Audit Team
- Communications Team
- Corporate Services – Legal Team
- Corporate Service – Risk Team
- Education and Development
- Facilities – multiple sites across Kent
- Health Improvement Team
- HR Services
- Intermediate Care – Physiotherapy – Westview Hospital
- Learning Disability Team – Ashford, Canterbury and Coastal
- Learning Disability Team – Speech and Language Therapy – Brook House Whitstable
- PPE and Restricted Equipment
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Service – Whitstable and Tankerton Hospital
- Sexual Health Services – Central Access Team
- Trust Secretary
- Urgent Treatment Centres
In order to apply for a placement within KCHFT, you must complete the work placement application form and health questionnaire and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.