Unit J, Shearway Road, Folkestone, Kent CT19 4RG
Lines are open from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Note: We aim to respond to emails in two working days. If you do not receive a response within this timescale please don’t hesitate to phone or text us. Because of the higher security applied to emails sent to NHS.net email addresses, we know that some emails get blocked by our server. Unfortunately we cannot prevent this, so get in touch if you think this may have happened to your email.
We welcome and value your comments, suggestions and concerns, as they help us continuously improve the quality of service we provide. You should be treated with courtesy and respect at all times by NHS staff and making a comment or complaint about NHS services will not prejudice the care that you or your relatives are given.
Who we are
We are a team of people with information and advice on health issues related to your care and treatment.
What we do
- We offer advice and support on all aspects of healthcare to patients, carers and relatives.
- We will support you and direct you to appropriate services by working closely with all healthcare professionals. They may be able to resolve the matter quickly or point you in the right direction.
- We will record any comment, concern or compliment that you bring to them and ensure that these are sent on to the service or person concerned.
- If you wish to make a complaint, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) will be able to advise you and refer you to the Complaints Team if required.
Patient Care Charter
Our Patient Care Charter sets out the trust’s commitment to support and train staff to deliver excellent customer care every time. It sets out what our customers should expect from us in five pledges.
- We will support our staff to deliver excellent care every time
- We will make every contact a positive experience
- We will aim to understand your needs and aspire to develop our services around your expectations
- We will strive to make the environment our services are delivered from welcoming, safe and accessible
- We will continually measure and learn from patient experience.
The Patient Care Charter provides a clear statement of intent to which both our staff and customers can hold us. Its effectiveness will rely on the Trust motivating and supporting staff to deliver excellent customer care and will be measured through customer feedback, including patient experience surveys.
The charter provides a standard that staff can strive for. Feedback from patients and their families will allow us to measure staff achievement against our five pledges.
Please read our Patient Care Charter or, if you would like more details, contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
Measuring patient and staff satisfaction
Patient and staff feedback is important to us. Patients are surveyed using the Meridian surveys and staff are asked to complete an annual survey. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) also collates comments and compliments from patients via phone calls, letters, emails and texts.
Patient feedback from compliments, surveys, comments and complaints is reported at each Board meeting, and these are held in public.
Other languages and formats
If you would any of our information in another language or format such as large print, Braille, audio or Easy Read, or if you require the services of an interpreter, please:
- speak to your health professional or member of staff
- email in your chosen language to kentchft.PALS@nhs.net
- write to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
SEAP/HCAS is a free and independent advocacy service that provides support and advice with any National Health Service complaint.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is an independent regulator for all health and social care services in England. It cannot investigate an individual complaint but likes to hear about patients’ experience as part of its role in monitoring services.