Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information about our service
0300 123 4461
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
For all IHA & Initial Adoption Referrals (IHA & IAM): email@example.com
For all Review Adoption Referrals (RAM NP & RAM P): kentchft.LACRAM@nhs.net
For all Review Health Assessment Referrals (RHA): kentchft.LACRHA@nhs.net
For all children from an other local authority placed into Kent referrals (IHA, RHA & RAMS): kcht.OLALAC@nhs.net
Who we are
We are a team of health professionals who promote the health and wellbeing of children in care
What we do
Our LAC nursing service is commissioned across Kent to deliver health assessments for all children in care placed by Kent County Council. Clinics are held at multiple locations across the county. Health assessments are held 6 monthly for children aged under 5 and yearly for those 5 and over.
In addition to providing comprehensive holistic health assessments, the role of the LAC Nurse includes:
- All LAC Nurses are registered nurses with additional experience and, in some cases, additional nursing qualifications, such as health visiting, school nursing, midwifery, practice nursing, district nursing and sexual health
- Nurses participate at LAC reviews, professional meetings and network meetings
- Attend and participate in education plans
- Participate in children and young person wellbeing groups in partnership with colleges
- Provide packages of care for individual children
- Work with other agencies both within and outside of health services
- Direct referrals to GP and specialities
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams as required
- Attend local foster carer support groups.
We also deliver health assessments focused on children in care living in Kent that are placed in the County by other councils.
How do you use this service?
For all children placed by Kent County Council referrals to be emailed by the local Social Services team as per the list of emails shown above.
For all children placed by other councils please email kcht.OLALAC@nhs.net.