Urgent treatment centres

We specialise in treating minor injuries and minor ailments.

01303 852727

Folkestone Minor Injury Unit, Radnor Park Avenue, Folkestone, Kent CT19 5BN

8am to 8pm, every day of the year.
X-ray: 9am until 4.45pm, Monday to Friday.**
** closed bank holidays

01304 865313

London Road, Deal, Kent CT14 9UA

8am to 8pm, every day of the year.

X-ray services have been temporarily suspended. Your nearest alternative is at Sevenoaks Hospital. This is open from 8 am to 8pm, seven days-a-week.

** closed bank holidays

If your condition or injury does NOT need immediate attention please call NHS 111 before you attend the UTC and you will be given an appointment time.

If you have not called 111 in advance, someone will assess you before you enter the UTC. If you need urgent assistance you will be able to enter. However if your condition is not urgent, you may be asked to call NHS 111 to book an appointment.

This is to help us to maintain a safe waiting area for patients and staff.

Can’t find a service near you?

There are other minor injury units in Kent which are operated by other providers, not KCHFT. For more details, please see our in an emergency page.

How do you use this service

You must make an appointment first, by calling 111.

If you are do not call 111 in advance and you attend the UTC, you will be assessed and either treated or asked to call 111 for a later appointment.

Who we are

We are a team of experienced clinical practitioners who specialise in treating minor injuries and minor illnesses. We are supported by a GP.

What we do

We are open for 12 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Patients can be treated for; cuts, bites, stings, objects in wounds, ears and noses, minor burns and fractures to arms and lower legs, as well as other minor injuries.

We also treat minor illnesses which are suitable for treatment outside of hospital, for example coughs, colds, ear, nose and throat infections, or urinary tract infections.

For all other issues, 111 will re-direct you as appropriate to your GP or to an Emergency Department (A&E) if needed.