Referral and appointments
0300 123 4087
- The Heathside Centre, Heath Road, Coxheath, Maidstone, ME17 4AH
- Larkfield Health Centre, Martin Square, Larkfield, Aylesford, ME20 6Q
- Dolphin Centre, Abbey Court, 7 – 15 St John’s Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN4 9TF
- Edenbridge War Memorial Hospital, Outpatients Department, Mill Hill, Edenbridge, TN8 5DA
- Sevenoaks Hospital, Minor Injury Unit, 2nd Floor Hospital Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 3PG,
- Woodlands Heath Centre, Allington Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, TN12 6AX
- Children Resource Centre, Darent Valley Hospital, Darenth Wood Road, Dartford, DA2 8DA
- Dartford East Health Centre, Pilgrims Way, Dartford, DA1 1QY
- Gravesham Community Hospital, Bath Street, Gravesend, DA11 0DG
Who we are
We are a team of consultant paediatricians, specialist nurses and administrators who investigate, diagnose and help children with neurodevelopment disorders such as cerebral palsy, developmental delay, autistic spectrum disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and muscular dystrophy.
What we do
We provide advice and support for children with educational needs and we provide statutory statements of their needs. We also have expertise in safeguarding, child protection and looked after children (LAC). We have a specialist attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) nurse who supports children and young people with ADHD and associated difficulties. We give behavioural support, education and advice to children with ADHD and their families, carers, health and educational professionals.
How do you use this service?
We accept referrals from the following criteria:
- Developmental Delay/Impairment
- Physical Disability, g. Cerebral Palsy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Assessment of children with suspected Autism/Asperger syndrome (a neurodevelopmental disorder) who are under 11 years of age*
- Assessment of children with suspected ADHD between 6 and 11 years of age*. In case of significant concerns raised by school and parents, we may be able to start the assessment process between 5 and 6 years of age. However, we do not usually commence treatment until the child is 6 years old
- Dyspraxia/co-ordination problems in primary school children: 50 sessions of BEAM and 6-weeks of Clever Hands/Fingers to be initially undertaken at school. If concerns persist then refer to the Integrated Therapy and Care Co-ordination Service (ITACC)
*Child 11+ years with suspected ASD/ADHD to be referred to CYPMHS (formerly CAMHS).
You need to be referred by a GP, healthcare or educational professional.