Beaver Business Park, Beaver Road, Ashford, TN23 7SH
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Short break sessions of up to four hours are delivered five days a week, from 9am to 5pm.
Who we are
We provide short breaks to children and young people with a range of learning disabilities, complex health needs and their families in their own home, the local community or in a local hospital.
Our team consists of support workers with a range of experience as carers and nursery nurses.
We see children who
- Have a complex health need for example unstable seizures, artificial feeding Naso Gastric or gastrostomy
- Have a life-limiting or life-threatening illness, for example cancer, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, Hunter’s syndrome or Wolf Hirschorn syndrome
- Have a physical disability or global developmental delay and an additional health need, for example severe cerebral palsy and epilepsy, Triomy 21 and artificial feeding
- Have a complex chronic condition, for example spina bifida, Retts syndrome, Hurschprung’s disease
What we do
- Work with families to make sure sessions are individualised and meet the needs of the child and their family
- Care for the medical, physical, social, intellectual and enhanced wellbeing needs of the children on our caseload
- Administer oxygen, stoma care, gastrostomy feeds, naso-gastric tube feeding.
- Manage seizures
- Work with representatives from physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy to undertake portage programmes, speech and language exercises and physiotherapy programmes with children who need them.
- Assist children with effective communication, for example using the picture exchange communication system of Makaton.
- Carry out activities the child enjoys such as arts and crafts, sensory activities or trips to the park or indoor play centre.