Last updated: 16 February 2017
It sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. This policy also explains the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information.
The information we collect and its use
We collect certain information and/or data about you when you use this website. This can be from questions, queries or feedback you leave, transactions you make or from cookies we may use.
This helps us to monitor and improve the site, respond to any feedback you may send us – if you have asked us to or provide you with other information.
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to respond to your query or for delivery purposes.
The information required can vary between items/functions and may include, but is not limited to:
- your full name
- your address
- your email address
- your date of birth
- your NHS number.
We have referral forms for a number of our services and these forms ask for a range of different information to help the service with the referral.
The information you supply is used for billing, delivery and processing your order. You will receive an electronic confirmation of your order to the email you supply. We will also use this information to contact you regarding your order if necessary.
Like most websites, we collect non-personally identifying information about your interactions and use of www.kentcht.nhs.uk. Cookies are small files saved to your computer that track, save and store this information
The information that cookies may collect can be about:
- your computer and your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation details
- any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- the details that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- the details that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or marketing materials
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information except where required or permitted by law. Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. However, your decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide you with our products or services. By using this site and submitting your information, you agree to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this policy.
Limiting collection, use, disclosure and retention
The personal information collected will be limited to just those details necessary to achieve the intended purpose, such as processing and delivering your purchase. They will only be used or disclosed for this purpose unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law.
Personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time when it is no longer required or has no use, such as the purpose for which it was collected being fulfilled, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
In general this will be for a period of one year. However, there may be times when this period is extended, such as for the purpose of resolving disputes.
You are automatically opted out of receiving future contact from us about new products and services unless you have otherwise indicated. In this case, we would use the contact details you have provided. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link within the email.
Keeping your data secure
Personal information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. We take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from any loss or unauthorised use, access or disclosure.
Wherever we collect personal information, such as for an online purchase, this information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed padlock icon and/or for ‘https’ in the address bar of your browser.
Your information is only accessed by those people who need it to perform a specific task, such as responding to a query or the delivery of goods ordered through the website. This is restricted solely to the service responsible for the item/product you have purchased or the individual(s) dealing with your query.
We won’t share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
Upon request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of what information we hold about you in relation to this website. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information and, if appropriate, may request that it be amended. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For example, if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms with which this website and its owners participate are custom to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies held with each social media respective platform.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened links in social media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls (web addresses).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to make sure only genuine urls are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and so this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Terms and conditions
These terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the www.kentcht.nhs.uk website.
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust (referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ from now on) whose registered office is The Oast, Unit D, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Barming, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT is the owner and operator of this website (hereafter “the Website”). The terms ‘you’ and “your” refer to the user or viewer of the Website.
Use of the Website
- The content of the pages of the Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- your computer and your visits to and use of the Website (including your IP, address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation details)
- any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the Website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- details that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- details that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or marketing materials
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
- This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on the Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to make sure that any products, services or information available through the Website meet your specific requirements.
- The Website contains material, which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade-marks reproduced in the Website which are not the property of, or licensed to Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust, are acknowledged on the Website.
- Unauthorised use or reproduction of material on the Website may be a breach of copyright and give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, the Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided in good faith for your convenience to allow you to quickly access sources of further information. However the presence of these links does not signify that we endorse the website(s) and we have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of the Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the Website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
When ordering or purchasing a product or service on the Website, we may ask you to supply certain information relevant to your purchase including, but not limited to, your:
- full name
- phone number
- email address
- date of birth
- NHS number.
Payments are dealt with independently by our payment supplier WorldPay on our behalf and no card details are kept by us.
The information you supply is used for billing and delivery purposes. If we have difficulty in processing your order, we will use this information to contact you.
For purchases of goods, unless otherwise stated, a delivery charge will be added. This will be the actual cost of delivering the item using standard Royal Mail postal charges, or a minimum charge of £5, whichever is greater.
If you are returning items because you have changed your mind and are cancelling your order, return delivery will be at your own cost.
We will only pay for the return delivery of items that have been received by you if they are damaged, faulty, mis-described,received in error due to delivery at the wrong address or the wrong product was sent.
Right to cancel
When you buy goods from a business, in law you have a number of rights as a consumer. All customers have the right to cancel their orders under the Distance Selling Regulations which give consumers extra protection when buying online. These include the right to claim a refund, replacement, and/or repair where the goods are faulty or mis-described.
In addition to your legal rights, we will also allow you to return goods if you simply change your mind. Please let us know that you have changed your mind and return the unused goods to us with the original receipt/delivery note within 14 days and we will offer you an exchange or refund.
Once you are in possession of the goods, you are under a duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us at our contact address below at your own cost unless they are damaged , faulty, mis-described, or received in error due to delivery at the wrong address or the wrong product was sent. You must return the goods as soon as possible. Please refer to the delivery section above for more information.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum that you have paid to us, less where appropriate the cost of delivering goods to you, will be refunded to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by you.
Links to other websites
The Website may contain links to third party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms and conditions at any time.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us at: Communications and Marketing Team, The Oast, Unit D, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Barming, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT or on 01622 211940.