Any donation, no matter how small or large, can make an enormous difference to patients and their families. As little as £5 can go such a long way to help our patients recover or to simply brighten up their day.
Here are just a few examples of what your money can buy:
£5 to £10 could buy…
- books, DVDs and CDs for patients, so they can read, watch films and listen to music during their stay in a community hospital
- toiletry packs to welcome patients into our care.
£10 to £20 could buy…
- colourful flowers and plants, to brighten up our patients’ days, at sites where patients have access to gardens
- toys and games for our children’s services, to keep them occupied while at their appointments.
£20 to £50 could buy…
- fans to cool patients down during the summer months while they’re staying in a community hospital.
£50 to £100 could buy…
- spaces on specialist courses that our clinical staff might want to attend to further develop their skills and provide a better service to you, our patients
- specialist gym equipment which can be used for therapy and rehabilitation of patients to enhance the service we provide.
£100 to £250 could buy…
- specialist cameras, to take photos of patient wounds, which can be used for training purposes by our clinical teams
- lockers for our patients and staff to securely store their personal belongings while receiving treatment or being at work.
£250 to £500 could buy…
- resuscitation dummies to help train our staff to not only improve people’s lives, but save them too.
Your donations could also help to pay for gifts at Christmas time, for children and adults who are being cared for by our staff, whether in a community hospital or in their own home.
There are other ways you can get involved to support the trust and your local community: