East Kent Health Walks are short, local walks designed to help you to get active, get outdoors and meet new people. They are led by friendly volunteers and usually take from 30 minutes to an hour and a half, leaving from central locations across East Kent, such as your local library or community centre.
Why is walking the perfect activity for health?
- Almost everyone can do it
- You can do it anywhere and anytime
- It's a chance to make new friends
- It's free and you don't need special equipment
- You can start slowly and build up gently
- Make you feel good
- Give you more energy
- Reduce stress and help you sleep better
- Keep your heart strong and reduce blood pressure
- Help you manage your weight
There's no need to book, just turn up and join in!
To find your local Health Walk, locations and times. please see www.walkingforhealth.org
For more information on East Kent Health Walks or becoming an East Kent Health Walk Volunteer Leader please call 0300 123 1220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org