Born to move is an NHS app to help parents or carers with their newborn babies right up to pre-school.
It’s packed with advice, tips and games that you can play with your child to support their development.
Born to move is about encouraging daily active play and interaction to help the learning and wiring of your baby’s brain at this critical early stage. It’s designed to give you friendly advice and tips to support your child to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically and build the foundations for a healthy, happy and confident baby.
Key features include:
- Option to personalise the app with a picture of your own baby
- Fun quizzes and games to play with your child
- Easy navigation with a different section for each stage of development from newborn, crawler, toddler, pre-school
- Links to other information you may find useful
- Feedback tool for improvements.
The Born to Move app, which is designed to be used in conjunction your health visitor, supports the Kent-wide Born to move – Active Learner project.
It was built by the Kent and Medway Health Informatics Service (KMHIS). If you find any bug or mistake in the app, or wish to add some new features, please do not hesitate in contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org