RSPH understanding health improvement
Location: Off the shelf training
About this course
2 day course
This course provides an introduction to the importance and benefits of promoting health and wellbeing. It identifies the barriers to making a lifestyle change and the strategies to apply when helping people to make changes.
This course incorporates the learning outcomes of the accredited Level 2 Award
Understanding Health Improvement from the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
Undertaking the award is mandatory
This qualification is specifically designed for anyone who is:
- working with the public in a healthcare setting
- enhancing the wellbeing of the people in their community
- interested in developing their public health skills
- it is also relevant to people working in pharmacies, sports centre, care homes, colleges or schools.
The course will enable participants to:
- gain the knowledge and understanding of the principles of promoting health and wellbeing
- identify the factors that affect health improvement
- understand the importance of the interpersonal communication in effecting change
- understand the methods used to helps people to make and maintain lifestyle changes