Leadership – self management
Location: Off the shelf training
About this course
1 day (9.30am to 4.30pm)
Face to face course
This course will look in detail at some key concepts of leadership, key personal moments that help define our own perceptions and understanding, and you will begin to look at your own style of leadership. Confident leadership comes from self-awareness and acting in congruence with your own style of leadership and values. With this in mind, you will also begin to look at some tools you can use to manage yourself, and those you have responsibility for.
Minimum of 6 delegates required, maximum of 12.
To identify some of the tools you can use to manage yourself and those you have responsibility for to create an effective team.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- recognise behavioural changes that support the transition to management and leadership roles, and the challenges this can create
- discuss how natural working styles can help and hinder the transition into management, and ways of dealing with obstacles
- make sense of the demands on the time of a clinical leader
- balance workload and leadership responsibility
- delegate effectively and how to manage delegation
- identify sources of support around your organisation
To discuss your requirements or to enquire about costs, delivery and availability please contact kentchft.EWD@nhs.net.