Leadership – change and transition
Location: Off the shelf training
About this course
1 day (9.30am to 4.30pm)
Face to face course
In this course you will be introduced to some established models for analysing and understanding change. This includes the mechanics of change and some tools for dealing with and managing people through change. We will challenge you to think about change as it applies to your own team, as well as where your organisation and stakeholders are in relation to the processes you will examine. Consider how much of that change you can influence.
Minimum of 6 delegates required, maximum of 12.
To give you the tools and knowledge to be able to deal effectively with change within your team and organisation.
By the end of the sessions, participants will be able to discuss:
- leading in a ‘VUCA’ environment, and what leaders can do to cope with continuous change
- the challenges associated with “emotional labour” – roles which create stress because of close engagement with people in high risk situations
- understanding how people respond to change, and adopting strategies for;
- Collective and individual responses
- Phases of change
- communication during transition
- moving from learned helpless to learned optimism – how to create ownership, empower, and build resilience into your clinical team
To discuss your requirements or to enquire about costs, delivery and availability please contact kentchft.EWD@nhs.net.